Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 5 (Paulina Chapoy)

hello people or should i say Hola! Hahaha. Today was our fifth day here in Puebla for Habitat for Humanity, we are almost about to finish and its been amazing! I am really happy to be back in Mexico, and specially to see this side Of my country and So many different things to talk about, think about, things we have learned, I have learned, and we have taught too. I came with the hopes of teaching and showing the family what we knew, but most of it, in this trio I have learned more than ever. I didn't only learn how to place bricks, red and the heavy ones, make good cement, lined them up and many other things about building a house, but the most important thing is values, and the importance of a family and our help. How we can all make a change if we really want to. Well maybe not to the world but for the family, we are going to change their lifes in so many ways, I am pretty sure they will never forget this session, because I never will. Today it was a really hot day as always, working on placing the walls, mixing cement, carrying heavy stuff, and something new, the castle thingies (im not sure how they are called) but its the things that connect the walls, you have to fill them with cement. We did a lot of work today as always. There was ups and downs, some of us were tired, some of us didn't feel very well, but we kept going. I have learned so much in this trip, its been so many things that i maybe wont be able to say write all of them down, we all have. I love seeing how the community joins and works together to get something done, and not just something, its something that will change someones life, they eat together joke around share, and all of this has made me realized how thankful I am of everything I have and how much we can do if we try or if we want to. in the past five days ive gotten to know so many people, everyday new and everyday more about them. There is Crecencio, Don Crecencio, he is in charge of the house, the master of building, ive gotten to know him so much and had a lot of fun with him too, him and his wife and two nephews, there is Marta, Cristian and their two kids, the family we re building the house for, they have been so greatful and worked hard too We met most of their family, mom brothers kids, cousins, and many little kids, that me and Emily gave a pack of 8 cookies too and they all put the happiest smile on their face said thanks took of and shared the m with each other they were about 10 little kids! Its just amazing how I felt after that. There are so many things that make me feel so good about myself. I realized there is so many things I can do to make people happy and make me happy. We've all have so much fun together and ive also gotten to know everyone in the group too more than I already knew. Rory and his great attitude always wanting to help, Freddy always making me laugh and everyone else too, Bliss and food, he loves food, he eats anything you put in front of him even if you are not suppose to eat it, its amazing, Campbell with his songs and dancing moves, Jason and his perfection, Emily I love her so much she's become like my sister i love her even more than i did, Celia always working hard and playing with the kids, Ms. Hessian and her everything, she is amazing. I wouldn't be here without her, Mr. Wells, making sure everything is fine .. i dont see them as teachers here, they are like friends and finally Marcela an alumni from stanstead college I just met, and we've become great friends too. Haha there is so many memories I will keep forever, like when Ms. Hessian and Mr Wells asked me to stop throwing cement, and i accidentally got Ms. Hessian on her leg, seeing those smiles on the kids, joking around with Marcela and the community people helping out, haha our Mexicans and many things.! Now i cant wait to finish the house and do our best tomorrow to make their dreams come true hoping I can do it again! Thankyou for giving me this amazing opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment