Thursday, March 26, 2015

Orphanage Visit - Matthew Trnkus


Of all the places in Honduras that could have had the largest impact on the 18 of us (not including our leader, Luis) on this trip, I would have never imagined it to have been a girls orphanage. What an experience it truly was! I myself and I'm sure the others too, got plenty out of this experience. From the moment I laid eyes on those angels in the courtyard, I was dumbstruck. Their sweet faces and irresistible smiles made for an unforgettable short stay with them on Monday evening. From team-play basketball, to running around and ultimately circle soccer with a bit of dancing, Monday evening proved to be an evening of pure joy for everyone who was lucky enough to be there in the moment and see the smiles light up on each beautiful face. 

I was left even crying at the restaurant following our short visit as i thought about their sad faces when they realized we were leaving them to go on with the rest of our night. These kinds of experiences are those that stick with us for the rest of our lives, and I am grateful to have spent every moment of it with these special girls. I believe I can speak for the group when I say, we will never forget Monday evening.


Matthew Trnkus



No comments:

Post a Comment